[smokeping-users] IPv6 and Slaves

Chris Gotstein chris at uplogon.com
Wed Apr 22 17:28:48 CEST 2009

We have just implemented IPv6 on one of our backbone connections.  I was
able to setup IPv6 polling using fping6 on my master server, which is
the only server connected to the IPv6 backbone.  My other 2 slaves are
on different backbone connections and do not have IPv6 access.  When i
put in the fping6 probe, one my slaves will no longer start up.  This is
the error i get:

Sent data to Server and got new config in response.
ERROR: fping ('/usr/local/sbin/fping6 -C 1 ::1') could not be run: ::1
address not found
  at (eval 30) line 1

fping6 exists in that location, and i'm not using any of the slaves to
do the IPv6 polling.  My other slave server starts up just fine and it
doesn't have an IPv6 connections as well.  Any suggestions?

--
Chris Gotstein
Sr Network Engineer
chris at uplogon.com