[smokeping-users] AJAX based interactive Graph Zooming

Jonte Regnéll jonte+smokeping at yojimbo.org
Fri Feb 6 05:15:26 CET 2009

> HI!
>
> Thanks again for all your help, this mailing list has proven to be VERY
helpful! :)

  Hi Guy, happy to hear you think so.

> I've run into another small problem...  I remember when I first had
Smokeping running, if I placed my mouse cursor on the Navigator Graph,
I'd get a crosshair (+), which would allow me to zoom into a specific
section of the graph.

> This is not working anymore... I'm not getting the crosshair.  Has
anyone run into this before?  I know it used to work...  I don't think I
changed any settings...

Short explanation:  Yes, It was me, sorry about that. Try this instead.
Long explanation: you where asking Apache to run all files under here via
mod_perl, and mod_perl rejected the .js files cause they are not in proper
perl syntax.

<Directory "/usr/share/smokeping" >
  Options ExecCGI
  Order deny,allow
  Deny from all
  Allow from 127.0.0.1 .gmail.com
  <Files "*.cgi" >
        SetHandler perl-script
        PerlResponseHandler ModPerl::Registry
        PerlOptions +ParseHeaders
        Options ExecCGI
  </Files>
</Directory>

Good side effect is now you get both ajax traceroute and zoom working. Bad
side effect, looks like traceroute is broken. I get lots of

[Fri Feb  6 14:28:25 2009] smokeping.cgi [client 10.10.10.10]: 'jsonToObj'
will be obsoleted. Please use 'decode' instead. at
/usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.8/Qooxdoo/JSONRPC.pm line 151

The Qooxdoo package you(we) are using is 0.7.3 which seems fairly new.
I'll let someone who actually know more about this follow up what to do
with this one.

Have a nice weekend.

Regards,
  Jonte.