[smokeping-users] master/slave error

Peter Kristolaitis alter3d at alter3d.ca
Wed Jan 7 20:25:52 CET 2009

The directory that holds your RRD files must be readable/writeable by
both the Smokeping process AND the webserver.

e.g.  If
  - Your httpd runs as 'www'
  - Smokeping runs as 'smokeping'
  - In the Smokeping config, datadir  = /var/www/smokeping/rrd

Then,
- Create a new group called 'smokeping'
- Add both the 'www' and 'smokeping' users to that group
- chgrp smokeping /var/www/smokeping/rrd
- chmod -R 775 /var/www/smokeping/rrd

That should clear it up.

If that doesn't work, run one of your slaves with --debug and see if it
spits back an error of any kind.