[smokeping-users] Question about upgrading from 2.2.7 to 2.4.2

G.W. Haywood ged at jubileegroup.co.uk
Thu Jun 11 18:07:57 CEST 2009

Hi Eric,

On Thu, 11 Jun 2009, Eric Chatham wrote:

> On Thursday, June 11, 2009 11:06, Ged wrote,
>
> > Rather than upgrade in one fell swoop, I'd suggest that you just grab
> > the Smokeping tarball and extract it into a directory somewhere in a
> > user's home directory on the slave machines.  Then You can run the
> > slave daemons direct from there.  This is what I do on my slaves at
> > the moment.
>
> Hello Ged.  I tried this.  Now all my web output (master) is text
> instead of graphs.

I have no idea what you can have done Eric.

If you did what I suggested then you would have made no change to the
master, nor to the web server, and so there can have been no effect
similar to what you describe.  So no change to the graphs, etc.

Can you list, step-by-step, _exactly_ what you did?

--

73,
Ged.