[smokeping-users] Multiple Databases?

G.W. Haywood ged at jubileegroup.co.uk
Thu May 28 11:13:27 CEST 2009

Hi there,

On Wed, 27 May 2009, Jonah Horowitz wrote:

> Is it possible to have more than one type of database?  I have some hosts
> where I really do want 1 minute data, stored for 2 years.  I have other
> hosts where 5 minute data, with the default database works fine.
>
> Can I do both with only one smokeping instance, or will I have to create
> separate instances?

Does the documentation help you at all?

http://oss.oetiker.ch/smokeping/doc/smokeping_examples.en.html

Look at example 2.

You can use RRDtool to make a database which will store whatever
amount of data you need, but you can't easily change that once it
has been created.  Check out the RRDtool documentation for more.

--

73,
Ged.