[smokeping-users] Master/slave missing data

Seth Lyons slyons at fxcm.com
Tue Nov 3 23:31:00 CET 2009

Hi - I posted about his topic a about year ago and haven't been able to find any updated information.   When I first add a slave to my smokeping implementation, the graphs are blank for several hours -- often 12-14 hours.  Permissions are set properly, the RRD files are being updated each minute (per my config), but the graphs are blank.  A closer look at the RRDs show that value = NaN.  But then...magically...after about 12-14 hours, the graphs start showing real data.

Has anyone been able to pinpoint the problem/identify the root cause/come up with a  fix?

Versions:
smokeping-2.4.2_1   Latency logging and graphing system
rrdtool-1.3.7       Round Robin Database Tools

Thanks.

Seth