[smokeping-users] upgrading to 2.4.2

Arnon Levkovich ArnonL at BEZEQINT.CO.IL
Tue Sep 22 10:27:50 CEST 2009

Hello all,

I've been trying to upgrade from 2.3.6 to 2.4.2 and I'm having a
problem.

On the last instruction on the upgrade manual page:
http://oss.oetiker.ch/smokeping/doc/smoketrace.en.html

I am told to add some code to the "config file" under the Targets
section.

menuextra = <a target='_blank' href='tr.html{HOST}' class='{CLASS}' \

onclick="window.open(this.href,this.target, \

'width=800,height=500,toolbar=no,location=no,status=no,scrollbars=no');
\

return false;">*</a>

Since I don't have a single config file, I added the code to the Targets
file inside /etc/smokeping/config.d/Targets

I restarted the smokeping process and when I enter the webpage, I get
"line 6: unknown variable 'menuextra'"

How do I fix this?

Thanks!

Arnon