[smokeping-users] table output?

Adam Hardy adam.ant at cyberspaceroad.com
Wed Dec 8 15:03:17 CET 2010

OK, I'll see whether Debian has >= 2.4.0 in the backports.

re the functionality of the charts, I do actually want all the information I can
get, but also need an overview that's all visible on the screen straight away.

Maybe I can change the charts somehow? I just find the charts are not suited to
my myopic eyesight. I would prefer to have the downtime more explicit, and I
guess I need to get used to packet loss, distribution & other stats more to be
able to eyeball the charts effectively.

There are 2 reasons I run smokeping so maybe you can say if either of them are
wrong reasons to choose it. Firstly I want to know when the connections die, and
secondly I am trying to establish why I have a particular software error so
frequently, which I believe is caused by the software's server or hops on the
way to its server. I think their ICMP MTU path discovery is broken or
compromised, possibly by my ISP throttling my broadband connection.

Maybe I'm barking up the wrong tree. Is there any other mode of output for
smokeping besides the webpage? Or perhaps other software.

Thanks
Adam