[smokeping-users] smoketrace socket: permission denied- centos 5.4

zells upos.geo at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 15 20:32:40 CET 2010

Hello, I'm getting a "socket: permission denied" error while trying to perform a smoketrace to a host on a CentOS 5.4 box with apache 2.2.3. I have modified the permissions on /bin/traceroute to +4755. The smoketrace pop-up window loads fine otherwise. I have also tried removing the "-I" flag from the Tr.pm file thinking that could be part of the problem without success. Has anyone else run into this problem or might be able to offer suggestions to point me in the right direction? It seems to be how the command is being run within the script on the webpage, because "sudo -u apache traceroute -I -q 1 hostname" works fine on the CLI.

thanks
Richard