[smokeping-users] question about interpreting the difference between overview and details graphs

jim bartus jim.bartus at gmail.com
Tue Jan 19 17:46:52 CET 2010

I have a number of EchoPingHttp checks where in the overview graph the
"smoke" appears nearly symmetric above and below the median rtt line, but
when you click on it for the details graph the "smoke" is almost entirely
above the colored line.  I don't think anything's wrong here, I'm just not
sure how to interpret the difference.

Here is capture of the overview and deatails graph of my worst offender
(they all do it to some degree):
http://i.imgur.com/DgkZ2.png

And here's the diff of settings I changed from the default (fedora 12, "yum
install smokeping", 2.4.2):
http://www.pastie.org/784976

I tried reading the documentation here, but I'm not seeing it:
http://oss.oetiker.ch/smokeping/doc/reading.en.html

So the question here is... whats the difference that shows the line in the
middle for overview but at the bottom for details?

Thanks!
-jim