[smokeping-users] Smoketrace

Bastien LAMOUREUX bastien at yousaas.com
Wed Mar 10 18:19:19 CET 2010

Actually using smokeping 2.3.6 on Debian Lenny with great success (thanks to
Tobi and community for this tool)
I am actually trying to add smoketrace to my setup

I followed instructions given here
http://oss.oetiker.ch/smokeping/doc/smoketrace.en.html

I feel I do not succeed to understand this part. I added this to the Targets
file in /etc/smokeping/config.d but as soon as I restart smokeping

"Starting latency logger daemon: smokeping"
ERROR: /etc/smokeping/config.d/Targets, line 6: unknown variable 'menuextra'

6.Edit your config file and add the line:
 menuextra = <a target='_blank' href='tr.html{HOST}' class='{CLASS}' \
    onclick="window.open(this.href,this.target, \
    'width=800,height=500,toolbar=no,location=no,status=no,scrollbars=no');
\
    return false;">*</a>to your *** Targets *** section. It will make a *
appear next to each host name, and when you click on it, the SmokeTrace
window will open.

Any idea Tobi or someone else?