[smokeping-users] Smokeping

Chris Wilson chris+smokeping at aptivate.org
Fri Mar 12 17:12:38 CET 2010

Hi Max,

On Fri, 12 Mar 2010, max frey wrote:

> I am new to linux. I installed smokeping on my ubuntu 9.04 and
> configured the alerts, general, targets and probes but I can't view it
> on the browser. Below are some of the details:
>
> Not Found
> The requested URL /cgi-bin/smokeping.cgi was not found on this server.

Did you follow this part of the installation instructions carefully?
Please could you recheck it step by step?

"htdocs/smokeping.cgi

    Edit the smokeping.cgi analog to the smokeping script above. Make sure
the first line of the script is pointing to your freshly installed copy of
Speedy CGI. Store the script in a directory of your weberver where CGIs
get executed. You also have to edit the use lib line similar to what you
did to smokeping."

[http://oss.oetiker.ch/smokeping/doc/smokeping_install.en.html]

(note: you can ignore the "speedy cgi" and change the first line of
htdocs/smokeping.cgi to #!/usr/bin/perl).

Cheers, Chris.
--
Aptivate | http://www.aptivate.org | Phone: +44 1223 760887
The Humanitarian Centre, Fenner's, Gresham Road, Cambridge CB1 2ES

with company number 04980791.