[smokeping-users] fping probes gives no graph output

G.W. Haywood ged at jubileegroup.co.uk
Wed Nov 17 16:05:17 CET 2010

Hi there,

On Wed, 17 Nov 2010, Jon Bendtsen wrote:

> fping probes gives no graph output.
>
> I installed smokeping from debian lenny ...

Same mistake I made.

Remove the package, install from the tarball on the Smokeping site.

You mght find that running smokeping with debugging enabled gives you
some clues.  Amongst other things when I installed from Lenny my main
problems were that the formats of the RRD files were all wrong and
they were all in the wrong places; some binaries (e.g. fping) expected
parameters to be passed which were different from the parameters which
were actually being passed by Smokeping; and of course the package was
about two years out of date.

--

73,
Ged.