[smokeping-users] RRDs::update ERROR filling this newbie's logs...

Elmar K. Bins elmi at 4ever.de
Thu Nov 18 10:59:37 CET 2010

Hi guys,

since I have not been able to find this in the mailing list archives,
I'd like to ask the people with experience on this mailing list:

I have installed the current smokeping (--version says "2.003006") on a
server yesterday, and my log file fills up with:

smokeping[20766]: RRDs::update ERROR: /var/lib/smokeping/......rrd: illegal attempt to update using time 1290043178 when last update time is 1290071168 (minimum one second step)

(like every few seconds for every probe I run)

Restarting smokeping does not help at all.
I have never seen that in older versions or on other servers.
Where should I be looking?

Yours,
	Elmar.

--

"Machen Sie sich erst einmal unbeliebt. Dann werden Sie auch ernstgenommen."
							     (Konrad Adenauer)