[smokeping-users] How to hide Smokeping menu

Jon Bendtsen jbendtsen at laerdal.dk
Fri Oct 1 12:29:27 CEST 2010

On 01/10/2010, at 10.04, ml ml wrote:

> Hello!
>
> I have about 50 host/customers i am monitoring with smokeping. Now i
> would like to give the customers access to the smoeping ajax graphs.
>
> Is it somehow possible to hide the menu or somthing? So that they need
> to know the exact target name/url? I dont want them to look at other
> customer's graphs.

In my access log i see urls like:

GET /cgi-bin/smokeping.cgi?target=hosting
GET /smokeping/hosting/pingwww_mini.png
GET /smokeping/hosting/pingwww1024_mini.png

And if i click another target i see:

GET /cgi-bin/smokeping.cgi?target=valby
GET /smokeping/valby/valbygw_mini.png

And if i click on a graph i see
GET /cgi-bin/smokeping.cgi?target=valby.valbygw
GET /cgi-bin/smokeping.cgi?displaymode=n;start=2010-10-01%2009:28;end=now;target=valby.valbygw

I think it might just be possible to use a <location> to require login for the pages you want to protect. It might require some detective work though.

JonB