[smokeping-users] Fill Background While Host Is Down

David Botham dbotham at infoblox.com
Wed Oct 6 23:36:05 CEST 2010

From: Jeff Williams [mailto:jeffwilliams05 at gmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, October 06, 2010 5:32 PM
To: David Botham
Cc: smokeping-users at lists.oetiker.ch
Subject: Re: [smokeping-users] Fill Background While Host Is Down

<sorry for the html email, but, I needed inline graphic>

All,

Does anyone know of a way to fill the background of the graph when a host is down (fping)?  I have set:

loss_background = yes

But, my graph looks like this (the left leading white space is before I started collecting):

[cid:image001.jpg at 01CB657C.F4157C70]

And what I want is this:

[cid:image002.jpg at 01CB657C.F4157C70]

So that the downtime really stands out...

David,

Try using the "nodata_color" parameter with the code for the color you want. I think I needed to add that to get the behavior you are looking for. For example, I use this:

nodata_color = f88017
loss_background = yes

dbotham replied with:
Jeff, thanks.  forgot to mention that I tried that too.  It fills the parts when smokeping is not running, but, does not fill in the parts when it is and the host is down (i.e. 100% Packet Loss).   So, that look like this:
[cid:image003.jpg at 01CB657C.F4157C70]