[smokeping-users] Large deployment problems

Niko Tyni ntyni+smokeping-users at mappi.helsinki.fi
Wed Aug 3 07:57:09 CEST 2011

On Tue, Aug 02, 2011 at 05:15:56PM -0700, Josh Wisman wrote:

> 1. SpeedyCGI does not compile on this version of Suse even after my best
> effort.

You might want to check if any of the patches at
 http://patch-tracker.debian.org/package/speedy-cgi-perl
help.

Alternatively, I think fastCGI should work with the changes you included
in your mail. You'll need a fastCGI enabled web server of course.

> 2. Because of the number of nodes, fping poller does not finish in 300
> seconds.  I have blazemode enabled. Is there a way to run multiple fping
> probes or increase parallelization? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Multiple probe instances are supported, see the smokeping_examples document.

HTH,
--
Niko