[smokeping-users] Updated tcpping probe and script

Chris Wilson chris+smokeping at aptivate.org
Fri Dec 2 21:56:47 CET 2011

Dear Richard, Tobi and smokeping users,

I tried to use the tcpping probe but it didn't work for me (centos 5). It seems
that the tcptraceroute output format has changed or there is a problem with the
script's ability to parse options. It also doesn't report tcptraceroute errors
properly or have much in the way of debugging support. And it required
smokeping to be run as root.

I think I have fixed these issues, and posted updated versions here:

https://github.com/aptivate/network-scripts/blob/master/TCPPing.pm
https://github.com/aptivate/network-scripts/blob/master/tcpping

I hope that you will consider these for inclusion in your projects. Richard,
are you still maintaining tcpping? If not, is it worth merging this
functionality into the TCPPing module?

Cheers, Chris.
--
Aptivate | http://www.aptivate.org | Phone: +44 1223 760887
The Humanitarian Centre, Fenner's, Gresham Road, Cambridge CB1 2ES

with company number 04980791.