[smokeping-users] Alerts

Gregory Sloop gregs at sloop.net
Wed Dec 14 19:04:50 CET 2011

I'm having some problems with alerts on a new installation.

I see in the syslog messages like this:
"... ubuntu smokeping[30041]: Alert loss-moderate was raised for xyz"

This should mean, to my understanding that the alert flag was raised,
and if email alerts are defined properly, I should get an alert email,
which I don't.

===
But I also see messages like this in the debug trace.
---
Alert "loss-small": no match for target /var/lib/smokeping/rrd/xyz
Alert "loss-moderate": no match for target /var/lib/smokeping/rrd/xyz
Alert "loss-massive": no match for target /var/lib/smokeping/rrd/xyz

---
What do the "no match for target" messages mean?

===
So, I'm working to figure out why I'm not getting email.
Anyone have any helpful tips to get more logging/debug info so I can
see what's failing?

I've reviewed my config files carefully and I don't see any errors
there, but without any debug info, finding what's wrong is a bit
difficult - esp when you don't know where to look.

Thoughts/suggestions welcome! <beg> Please! </beg>

-Greg

--
Gregory Sloop, Principal: Sloop Network & Computer Consulting
503.251.0452 x82 Voice | 503.251.0452 Fax
mailto:gregs at sloop.net