[smokeping-users] Alerts pt 2

Gregory Sloop gregs at sloop.net
Wed Dec 14 21:43:43 CET 2011

Tobi...
Possible semi-bug [I hesitate to say it - because I code horribly and
don't know perl very well at all, but think so. Please don't flame me
if I'm wrong! :) ]

I see that in both 2.4.2 and 2.6.6 I get that message on every
target - at least in my installation. [My 2.4.2 install is working
fine, my new 2.6.6 is not.]

Perhaps there's a semi-bug in the code.

I'm using a "to = |" for my destination - since I'm using my own perl
module to send mail. I'm also using the edgetrigger option.

I'd assume that it shouldn't generate any message like the above in
this case, but it does.

[It seems like it should only generate that message if there's nothing
in the "to=" section in the config file. [Provided I'm reading the
perl correctly, which isn't at all certain.]
See - {if (@to) - line 1897 in smokeping.pm}

[It looks like it should break out of the whole routine once it finds
it's using SNPP or the "|" and not check the following IF. [If you're
doing a pipe or SNPP, you're not doing the code under the @if (I
think)]

I'm still not sure why I'm not getting messages, but perhaps I'm
getting closer.

Again, I welcome any thoughts/suggestions.

-Greg

--
Gregory Sloop, Principal: Sloop Network & Computer Consulting
503.251.0452 x82 Voice | 503.251.0452 Fax
mailto:gregs at sloop.net