[smokeping-users] fping 3: new version with improved performance, please test

David Schweikert david at schweikert.ch
Sun Dec 18 00:22:28 CET 2011

Hi Ged,

On Fri, Dec 16, 2011 at 22:19:30 +0000, G.W. Haywood wrote:
> At first glance your version seems to accept -T but doesn't mention it
> in the usage output.

The -T option was actually one of the main motivations for me to rewrite
some part of fping: "select timeout"? Worst parameter description ever :-)

My implementation will still accept that parameter for compatibility
reasons, but will ignore it. The internal select statement now uses a
dynamic timeout value based on when it expects the next event.

Still, you are probably right that it should be mentioned in the usage
output with something like: ignored (for compatibility reasons). I will
do that.

Cheers
David