[smokeping-users] Correct smokeping config

Kris De Rocker kdr at kdr.ms
Fri Feb 25 01:06:35 CET 2011

Dear,

I've tried to set up smokeping on a centos 5.5 VPS system, but...i failed...
I've used the how-to that you can find on
http://www.how2centos.com/installing-smokeping-on-centos-5-5/

The problems :
- i've added 2 new smokes, restart smokeping and...smokeping doesn't
generate RRD files
- the 2 graphs that are created (RRD), doesn't collect any pings
- smoketrace doesn't work at all

Is there anyone who can give me some advice or want to take a look at
the server?
Right now, it's only one server, but i want to set smokeping+smoketrace
on all my VPS servers (the only thing they have to do is backup dns and
smokeping ;-))

Smokeping : http://s01.ua.it2go.eu/smokeping/smokeping.cgi

Best regards and thanks!

Kris