[smokeping-users] remote user problem

Peter Kristolaitis alter3d at alter3d.ca
Tue Jul 19 15:40:44 CEST 2011

Use a wrapper script.   Make a script that has something like 'sudo
/path/to/fping $*' as its only line, save it as
/usr/local/bin/fping-root.sh or something, then modify your remote probe
to use the wrapper instead of the fping binary.

Another possible option is to set the fping binary to suid root, unless
there are other users on the system that you don't want to have access
to fping.

- Peter