[smokeping-users] errors when clicking on "SmokePing Targets" menu items

Layla Nahar laylanahar at gmail.com
Wed Jul 20 04:58:58 CEST 2011

Hello,

I have set up Smokeping according to the instructions at
oss.oetiker.ch.  I can start the smokeping daemon, and I can run
rrdtool create and make an .rrd file, so I guess those two parts are
in working order.  However,  I'm getting errors rather than seeing
graphs.   Can someone help me with two errors?

when I click a link in the "SmokePing Targets"  menu I see:
ERROR: creating  /var/www/smokeping/cache/mysite1: No such file or directory

Do I need to create a new directory if I add a menu item in "config",
or should that happen automatically?
Does the failure above show that I did something wrong when I set up Smokeping?

If I create the above missing directory , I see:
ERROR: opening '/tmp/smokeping-ms/data/mysite1/myhost1.rrd': No such
file or directory

how does the rrd file for a host get created?  (I checked RRDtools.pm
but it seems to be about working with existing rrd files.)

I would be very grateful for any help in understanding and fixing
these errors  -

LN