[smokeping-users] "connect: Connection timed out"

Shanker Balan mail at shankerbalan.net
Wed Jun 22 06:38:45 CEST 2011

Helo,

I ran into an issue earlier today where one of the smokeping probes stopped
sending back ping results to the master. The logs just said:

Jun 20 08:30:00 noc4 smokeping[1133]: WARNING Master said 500 Can't connect to
master:9999 (connect: Connection timed out)

Bouncing the smokeping client fixed it.

Earlier in the day, there was a VPN issue which might have wedged the client
probe.

So, I checked around
http://oss.oetiker.ch/smokeping/doc/smokeping_config.en.html for any mention f
retries/retry but didn't see any.

Can I avoid such a issue in the future where I have to manually bounce the
smokeping client?

Thanks.

--
http://shankerbalan.net/