[smokeping-users] Could not save png to /var/cache/smokeping/Ping/sitei_mini.png

Greg Stucky gstucky at surfbest.net
Wed Nov 9 21:01:25 CET 2011

Greg,

Thanks for the reply.   I have it working now.

There were two separate issues.

The first one was that SELinux was not allowing PERL to access the image
folder.  Changing the Current Enforcing Mode to Permissive resolved that
issue.  If anyone knows how to enable this while still keeping it in
Enforcing mode I am interested in changing it.

The second issue is that when Smokeping installed (i used
System->Administration->Add/Remove Software) it installed with different
settings in /etc/smokeping/config and /etc/httpd/conf.d/smokeping.conf.
Below are the final settings I used in each file.

/etc/smokeping/config
imgcache = /var/cache/smokeping/
imgurl = /smokeping

/etc/httpd/conf.d/smokeping.conf