[smokeping-users] announce smokeping 2.6

Frigos frigos at poczta.onet.pl
Tue Oct 4 10:06:54 CEST 2011

Tobias Oetiker wrote:
> Users!
>
> I have added automake (configure make install) support to
> smokeping. And fixed a serious bug when sending out alert mails.
>
> You can get Smokeping 2.6.1 from
>
>    http://www.smokeping.org
>
> enjoy
> tobi

Hi,

I'm just trying to install the newest version and have some trouble:
while ./configure --prefix=/opt/smokeping there I get an error:
(...)
checking checking for perl module 'RRDs'... Failed
checking checking for perl module 'FCGI'... Ok
(...)

and -of course- the configuration is aborted

I've installed the newest rrd and had no problem:

---
With MMAP IO: yes
Build rrd_getopt: no
Static programs: no
Perl Modules: perl_piped perl_shared
Perl Binary: /usr/bin/perl
Perl Version: 5.8.8
Perl Options: PREFIX=/opt/rrdtool-1.4.5
LIB=/opt/rrdtool-1.4.5/lib/perl/5.8.8
Ruby Modules: ruby
Ruby Binary: /usr/bin/ruby
Ruby Options: sitedir=/opt/rrdtool-1.4.5/lib/ruby
Build Lua Bindings: no
Build Tcl Bindings: yes
Build Python Bindings: yes
Build rrdcgi: yes
Build librrd MT: yes
Use gettext: yes
With libDBI: no
With libwrap: no
---

Can you give me some hint what can be wrong ?

Florian.