[smokeping-users] Probe Instances of Curl

Niko Tyni ntyni+smokeping-users at mappi.helsinki.fi
Thu Oct 6 20:23:44 CEST 2011

On Thu, Oct 06, 2011 at 11:12:19AM -0400, Stefano Pirello wrote:

> I'm trying to make several instances of the Curl probe to set the Step
> down to 30 versus the default of 300.  But, when I do this I receive
> the following error.  Anyone have any suggestions?
>
> Example Curl Instance:
>
> +Curl
>
> binary = /usr/bin/curl
> forks = 5
> offset = 50%
> step = 300

[...]

> + CurlFast

> #binary = /usr/bin/curl
> #forks = 5
> #offset = 50%
> step = 30

> require Smokeping::probes::CurlFast failed: Can't locate
> Smokeping/probes/CurlFast.pm in @INC (@INC contains: ..

This should be something like

+Curl
binary = /usr/bin/curl
forks = 5
offset = 50%
step = 300
++ CurlSlow

++ CurlFast
step = 30

The '+Curl' section doesn't define a probe in itself because it has
subsections. You could use just 'Curl' instead of 'CurlSlow' above
for the first real probe name, but that makes it a bit more confusing.

See example 3 in smokeping_examples(7).

HTH,
--
Niko