[smokeping-users] RRD parameter mismatch - Wrong value of step

G.W. Haywood ged at jubileegroup.co.uk
Mon Oct 17 10:50:58 CEST 2011

Hi there,

On Mon, 17 Oct 2011, Julian wrote:

> ...I just did a fresh install of Smokeping 2.4.2 on Solaris 10.I
> hope someone can give me a hint on how to fix this error: Error: RRD
> parameter mismatch ('Wrong value of step: ...  You must delete
> /usr/local/smokeping/var/data/DNS/NWT/ns2_interwest.rrd or fix the
> configuration parameters.

I suggest that you rename the file (rather than delete it as the error
message itself suggests) and let Smokeping do what it will.  My guess
is that it will create a new file with the same name.  When you have
the two files, you can use RRDtool to look for the differences in the
parameters.  That might tell the authors something - or they may know
already what it is you're looking for.  Unfortunately I don't.

--

73,
Ged.