[smokeping-users] Could not save png to /var/cache/smokeping/Ping/sitei_mini.png

Greg Stucky gstucky at surfbest.net
Sun Oct 30 22:32:35 CET 2011

I recently tried to install smokeping on Fedora 14.  I installed it from
the System->Administration->Add/Remove Software.   I can start smokeping
with no errors.  However when I try to browse to
http://localhost/cgi-bin/smokeping.cgi I get the following error message.

ERROR: Could not save png to '/var/cache/smokeping/Ping/site1_mini.png

I tried starting at Ping and giving everyone read/write permissions on
the file but it didn't make any difference.  I then worked my way back
to var giving everyone read/write permissions on each folder but I still
can not view the output.

Has anyone had a similar issue?