[smokeping-users] SMTP Alerts on alternate port, smtp auth

Gregory Sloop gregs at sloop.net
Fri Sep 2 18:55:33 CEST 2011

I'd like to use the Net::SMTP module instead of sendmail - (Just
easier, IMO) and I need to use an alternate port. [Like 26]

Is there some way to configure this? I've searched the lists [and
Google] and was not able to find anything...

One other items that would perhaps be helpful would be SMTP auth
options. Are these in there somewhere?

[My smokeping is running in places where it may not have a local
server where I can send mail, and even if I could, I might prefer to
deliver mail via another non-local server. And further, Port 25
outbound may be blocked.

I know that's a bit odd
given how most people will run it, but that's how I'm running it and
it fits the need/requirements.]

-Greg

--
Gregory Sloop, Principal: Sloop Network & Computer Consulting
503.251.0452 x82 Voice | 503.251.0452 Fax
mailto:gregs at sloop.net