[smokeping-users] SMTP Alerts on alternate port, smtp auth

Gregory Sloop gregs at sloop.net
Fri Sep 2 21:39:57 CEST 2011

That's neat and all, but it's not clear how I'd include any data on
what the alert is about - what host etc.

I assume that perhaps the mailtemplate might be helpful, but an
initial read of the docs isn't particularly enlightening.

I assume you may have done something similar - do you have some
example code, or can you point me to some?

I'm reasonably proficient in bash, so it's possible I could cobble
something together...

I still think it would be much better to include SMTP alt-port & auth
etc in the code, along with the required extensions - writing a bash
script etc is really an ugly hack.

But if I have to settle for a hack, perhaps it's that or nothing.

-Greg

--
Gregory Sloop, Principal: Sloop Network & Computer Consulting
Voice: 503.251.0452 x82
EMail: gregs at sloop.net
http://www.sloop.net
---