[smokeping-users] Smokeping noob question

Josh Lupresto jlupresto at telecomrecovery.com
Mon Apr 2 06:35:42 CEST 2012

I've had smokeping up and running no problem for almost a year now, with
certain bigloss criteria on all my sites. Then about 2 months ago, out of
nowhere, I will intermittently not get the smokeping notifications when a
site has gone down via Postfix. I am doing some packet captures with ngrep
on port 25. The graphs are always reporting the down sites, just not
getting me the notifications. So assuming when a site goes down, I see no
attempts to send the message to Postfix going across port 25, what else can
I do troubleshooting wise to narrow down the issue. Suggestions?

Thanks,

Josh Lupresto
Systems Engineer
Telecom Recovery