[smokeping-users] How to increase RRD history?

Matt Almgren almgren at gmail.com
Tue Apr 10 06:37:41 CEST 2012

Hey guys, finally getting around to poking around with this...

Here's my database section:

*** Database ***

step     = 30
pings    = 10

# consfn mrhb steps total

AVERAGE  0.5   1  1008
AVERAGE  0.5  12  4320
    MIN  0.5  12  4320
    MAX  0.5  12  4320
AVERAGE  0.5 144   720
    MAX  0.5 144   720
    MIN  0.5 144   720

I'm not too interested in seeing more than the default value of detailed
information.   What I am interested in is seeing up to 6 months of
non-detailed data just to get trending information.   Still a bit confused
on the above values.  Care to give me some numbers to punch in to  a) keep
the default detailed samples, but b) keep up to 6 months (non-detailed)
archival data?

Thanks!

 -- Matt