[smokeping-users] How to increase RRD history?

Matt Almgren almgren at gmail.com
Wed Apr 11 05:51:09 CEST 2012

Great!  Thanks for the explanation.  The math now makes perfect sense.

If I could trouble you for one more thing.   Is there a service script for
this release?  I've found a couple, but they don't do it well.

This one starts and stops, but the 'status' doesn't work and the
restart/reload do the same thing.

#!/bin/bash## chkconfig: 2345 80 05# Description: Smokeping init.d
script# Hacked by : How2CentOS - http://www.how2centos.com
 # Get function from functions library
. /etc/init.d/functions
 # Start the service Smokeping
start() {
        echo -n "Starting Smokeping: "
        /opt/smokeping/bin/smokeping >/dev/null 2>&1
        ### Create the lock file ###
        touch /var/lock/subsys/smokeping
        success $"Smokeping startup"
        echo}
 # Restart the service Smokeping
stop() {
        echo -n "Stopping Smokeping: "
        kill -9 `ps ax | grep "/opt/smokeping/bin/smokeping" | grep -v
grep | awk '{ print $1 }'` >/dev/null 2>&1 && killall speedy_backend
        ### Now, delete the lock file ###
        rm -f /var/lock/subsys/smokeping
        success $"Smokeping shutdown"
        echo}
 ### main logic ###case "$1" in
  start)
        start
        ;;
  stop)
        stop
        ;;
  status)
        status Smokeping
        ;;
  restart|reload|condrestart)
        stop
        start
        ;;
  *)
        echo $"Usage: $0 {start|stop|restart|reload|status}"
        exit 1esac
 exit 0

Is there a start/stop script that comes with the smokeping package
that works with CentOS 6.2?

Thanks!

 -- Matt