[smokeping-users] Cannot Access smokeping.fcgi File using URL

G.W. Haywood ged at jubileegroup.co.uk
Sun Apr 15 12:55:06 CEST 2012

Hi there,

On Sun, 15 Apr 2012, Smokeping slt wrote:

> Finally I got it work.

No, I don't think you did.

That's what I said. :)

> Then I create the /usr/local/smokeping/cache/__navcache directory
> and give the full permission(777) . But Still I have the problem.
> Any Suggestions please.

Start again, but this time read the documentation carefully and do
exactly what it says.  The documentation doesn't say anything about
making any directories with 777 permission, does it?  That's because
it is not a sensible thing to do, and as you've found it won't help.

When you ask a question here, it will help enormously if first you
read "How to ask questions the smart way" by E.S. Raymond.  You can
find it in thousands of places on the Web, try to find a reasonably
recent version, but any will help you to give better information in
your questions.

--

73,
Ged.