[smokeping-users] smokeping fping probe with high resolution / low interval possible?

Aaron Boerup saq at thesaq.net
Sat Aug 25 02:22:28 CEST 2012

Hello,
I've been diving into the fun of smokeping lately and using it to monitor my LAN and I am enjoying it quite a bit, especially with multiple probes to correlate information. I have one problem and one question.

My problem is that I seem to be running into a problem with the shortest (most flood-like) interval for fping. If I set the hostinterval to anything lower than .1 (which is 100ms) then I seem to get nothing but 100% packet loss on the graph. Is this an intentional limit? If I do an fping <ip> -p 1 -I 1 -c 300 I will be able to send all 300 packets in about 4 seconds. I would like to be able to do this kind of granularity for some special troubleshooting I am doing. Anyone know of a way to do this?

My question is a way to get a combined multi-probe graph like you get on the summary screen on the detail page. I did some looking and didn't see an obvious way to do this.