[smokeping-users] ANNOUNCE: fping 3.3

G.W. Haywood ged at jubileegroup.co.uk
Wed Aug 29 11:23:58 CEST 2012

Hi there,

On Wed, 29 Aug 2012, Tobias Klausmann wrote:

> David Schweikert wrote:
>> * Output statistics to stdout instead of stderr (suggested by
>> Simon Leinen, #9)
>
> For the benefit of those who are not aware: this breaks Smokeping
> (at least up to and including 2.6.8 since it expects this data on
> stderr. My current workaround is a shell wrapper that simply does
> 1>&2 so data lands on stderr again.

Thanks Tobi.  There's quite a bit of fragility because of what I might
call the vagueness of the various ping-alike 'helpers', this isn't the
first time that something like this has cropped up.  Of course this is
not a criticism of Smokeping itself, but I wonder if the possibility
of this kind of issue should be more prominent in the documentation?

--

73,
Ged.