[smokeping-users] ANNOUNCE: fping 3.3

G.W. Haywood ged at jubileegroup.co.uk
Wed Aug 29 23:50:46 CEST 2012

Hi there,

On Wed, 29 Aug 2012, David Schweikert wrote:

> ... I will shortly release a new fping release (3.4) ...

While you're working on that, please check the man page for the number
of bytes sent by default.  According to all the fping man pages that
I've seen, by default fping sends 56 bytes, the same as ping.  As far
as I can tell this is not the actual behaviour, the fpings that I have
here send 96 bytes.  I was puzzling over the large differences between
Somkeping graphs generated using fping and my manual ping RTTs.  This
appears to be the explaination.

--

73,
Ged.