[smokeping-users] SmokePing IPv6/FPing6 not displaying any results or error

Doug Spindler doug.spindler at gmail.com
Sun Dec 30 03:56:06 CET 2012

I'm trying to configure SmokePing to plot IPvt4 and IPv6 response times.

I have a default install of SmokePing on Ubuntu server.

The IPv4 part is working fine.

Here's what I've done so far.

FPing6 to the Probes file, see below for file contents.

Tested FPing6 ::1  from a commend line.  Received a response of ::1 is alive
(So I'm thinking this part is working.)

I then modified the Targets file adding the IPv6 section, + LocalIPv6.  This
created the graph, but no data.

But then I was thinking what activates the FPing6 so I added it as a probe
at towards the top of the Targets file.  (Contents of Targets file is
below.)

Now when I restart SmokePing I'm getting an error the probe variable already
exists.

What am I doing wrong?
Do I need multiple Targets files, one for each probe?  If so where do I
declare the name of each Targets file?

Would appreciate any assistance.

Thanks,

Doug Spindler

*** Probes ***

+ FPing

binary = /usr/bin/fping

+ FPing6

binary = /usr/bin/fping6

*** Targets ***

probe = FPing

probe = FPing6

menu = Top

title = Network Latency Grapher

remark = Welcome to the SmokePing website of xxx Company. \

         Here you will learn all about the latency of our network.

+ Local

menu = Local

title = Local Area Network

#parents = owner:/Test/James location:/