[smokeping-users] Smokeping graphs not showing up

Dago Pacheco dpacheco at unap.cl
Mon Feb 20 14:05:45 CET 2012

Ok ... I managed to troubleshoot my problem and I get to a solution.
The problem was that "imgurl" config value was incorrectly set.  What I
had was "/opt/smokeping/cache/".  With this value my web server couldn't
load images, because it was unable to find that dir.  What I did to
solve this was to create a symlink from smokeping web root to smokeping
cache dir, like this:

    ln -s /opt/smokeping/cache /<webdocs_root>/smokeping/cache

And then set "imgurl" config value to "cache" (which is the relative
path for smokeping.cgi .... absolute value should be
http://smokeping.some.domain/cache).  And that's it, graphs start to
show up.

I'd like to point out that official installation instruction are quite
tricky, and can lead confusions and, consequently, unnecessary
troubleshooting situation, like my case. I think that more detailed
instructions which, at least, shows up some default example settings,
would save a lot of time.

Thanks everybody.