[smokeping-users] Using TelnetJunOSPing.pm through a SOCK5 proxy

richard k richardkfk at hotmail.com
Thu Jan 12 00:58:38 CET 2012

Dear Dir,

I am running Ubuntu 11.10 on my HP Pro 2.2Ghz Dual Core Notebook and running the Smokeping version 2.3.6 without any problems.

I need to get RTT time response of my HOSTs behind a Juniper Router.

It is great to use the <TelnetJunOSPing.pm> Probe to get this done !

However, I have a problem for my Smokeping Server to reach the Juniper Router.

My Smokeping server cannot directly create a Telnet connection to the Juniper Router. It has to go through a SOCKS proxy in order to estalish a Telnet connection to the Juniper router.

The SOCKS proxy is  version 5 without authentication and it uses the default dest. TCP port 1080.

Is there any way I can get those hosts RTT behind my Juniper router using this <TelnetJunOSPing> Probe Module which requires to get  through a SOCKS proxy ?

Thanks for your advice !

-richard-