[smokeping-users] RRD Command for generating Smokeping graphs via CLI

Don Gould don at bowenvale.co.nz
Fri Jul 13 03:36:08 CEST 2012

Joe,

My reading of this thread is that you have asked the wrong question.
Or, at least you have not explained what you requirement is very clearly
and I wonder if you have also asked on the wrong list.[1]

As a result you are not getting the help you're looking for.

My understanding of your requirement:

* Produce a graph 'image' from an RRDTool database with custom titles
and legend information on it.

------------

The fact that the "SmokePing" application put the data in to the RRDTool
database is only coincidental.

So, http://oss.oetiker.ch/rrdtool/

http://oss.oetiker.ch/rrdtool/doc/rrdgraph.en.html

http://oss.oetiker.ch/rrdtool/doc/rrdgraph_examples.en.html

Is this more what you're after?

[1] Please excuse my blunt, and perhaps rude, break down of the problem
here.  I do not mean to offend, I just felts you weren't getting
anywhere and wondered if it's a language problem that's causing
confusion.  So the best way I could think of to try and help was by
being a bit more direct and black and white.