[smokeping-users] Wrapping Smokeping.cgi inside a html Frame with authentication.

Darren Murphy darren at victoriajd.com
Mon Jul 23 11:36:01 CEST 2012

On 23 July 2012 17:14, Kevin Dell <kevin.dell at iqual.co.uk> wrote:

> So I want to remove the Left hand column from window, but I’m a little
> unsure how, I don’t want to start picking the cgi apart.
>
> Is there a best practice for re-configuring the results pages and menus, or
> removing the menu altogether?

You'll probably want to have a play around with basepage.html (look in
the htdocs directory).
Removing the menu is trivial, just look for <##menu##> and remove that.
To remove the entire left-hand panel, just remove the associated
to put the <##author##> and <##smokelogo##> sections.

eg. from http://oss.oetiker.ch/smokeping/doc/smokeping_install.en.html

"Edit the html template to your likings. Please do not remove the link
to the SmokePing counter and my name from the template. The content of
the template will be renderd by the smokeping.cgi. This means that all
embeded links must be relative to smokeping.cgi."

hope this helps,
Darren