[smokeping-users] smokeping SNMP probe?

Clinton Work clinton at scripty.com
Mon Mar 26 00:27:25 CEST 2012

I have an application of smokeping where I could really use a SNMP probe
to test connectivity to devices behind a firewall.  I'm considering
writing an SNMP probe, but I'm not sure if anybody else has already
started work on one.  I have the most experience with perl module
Net::SNMP, but it looks like most of the other probes are written using
the SNMP_Session module.  The idea with the SNMP probe is that it would
probe the devices using a configurable OID (I would default to sysName)
and record the response time/success.

Clinton.