[smokeping-users] Graphs not showing in new installation of Smokeping

Greg Stucky gstucky at surfbest.net
Wed May 16 00:18:57 CEST 2012

I just redid the computer I was using to run smokeping and used OpenSUSE
12.1.  I had some initial issues getting Smokeping to run without errors
and to be able to view the webpage.   Right now everything seems to be
running with the exception of viewing the graphs on the web interface.

If i browse the /var/smokeping/cache/MyCo folder there are several PNG
files.  However they contain no data points. If I view the webpage the
graphs are not included on the page.

  I used rrdtool info data1.rrd to make sure data was being stored and
there is data in the database.   I have included a sample below

sample
filename = "data1.rrd"
rrd_version = "0003"
step = 300
last_update = 1337103846
header_size = 19264
ds[uptime].index = 0
ds[uptime].type = "GUAGE"
ds[uptime].minimal_heartbeat = 600
ds[uptime].min = 0.0000000000e+00
ds[uptime].max = NaN
ds[uptime].last_ds = "U"
ds[uptime].value = 0.000000000e+00
ds[uptime].unknow_sec =246
.
.
.
.

rra[6].cf = "MIN"
rra[6].rows = 720
rra[6].cur_row = 501
rra[6].pdp_per_row = 144
rra[6].xff = 5.00000000000e-01
rra[6].cdp_prep[0].value = NaN
rra[6].cdp_prep[0].unknown_datapoints = 68
rra[6].cdp_prep[1].value = NaN
rra[6].cdp_prep[1].unknown_datapoints = 68
rra[6].cdp_prep[2].value = NaN
rra[6].cdp_prep[2].unknown_datapoints = 68
rra[6].cdp_prep[3].value = NaN
rra[6].cdp_prep[3].unknown_datapoints = 68

Any suggestions would be appreciated.