[smokeping-users] FreeBSD 9 x64 + SmokePing 2.6.7 - New targets don't show up

Vinny_Abello at Dell.com Vinny_Abello at Dell.com
Tue Nov 6 21:05:04 CET 2012

From: smokeping-users-bounces+vinny_abello=dell.com at lists.oetiker.ch [mailto:smokeping-users-bounces+vinny_abello=dell.com at lists.oetiker.ch] On Behalf Of Joshua M. Andrews
Sent: Monday, November 05, 2012 3:30 PM
To: smokeping-users at lists.oetiker.ch
Subject: [smokeping-users] FreeBSD 9 x64 + SmokePing 2.6.7 - New targets don't show up

menu = Services (DNS)
title = DNS

++ DNS

probe = DNS

menu = Latency
title = Service latency (DNS)

+++ GoogleDNS
host = 8.8.8.8

That is an excerpt of what I have working properly.  So, now I add a new
target like this:

+ Network
menu = Targets

++ QCSitter
menu = QCSitter
title = WWW - QCSitter.com
host = www.qcsitter.com

++ TestTarget
menu = TestTarget
title = Test Target
host = 8.8.4.4

So then I do:  smokeping reload (also tried restart).  I then wait 20
minutes and no graphs show up.  So I tail the log and get the following:

Mon Nov  5 14:16:59 2012 - Reloading configuration.
Mon Nov  5 14:16:59 2012 - Got HUP signal, exiting gracefully.
Mon Nov  5 14:16:59 2012 - Got HUP signal, exiting gracefully.
Mon Nov  5 14:16:59 2012 - Exiting due to HUP signal.
Mon Nov  5 14:16:59 2012 - Exiting due to HUP signal.
Mon Nov  5 14:16:59 2012 - Waiting for child processes to terminate.
Mon Nov  5 14:16:59 2012 - Child processes terminated, restarting with
new configuration.
Mon Nov  5 14:16:59 2012 - Entering multiprocess mode.
Mon Nov  5 14:16:59 2012 - Child process 68606 started for probe FPing.
Mon Nov  5 14:16:59 2012 - Child process 68607 started for probe DNS.
Mon Nov  5 14:16:59 2012 - FPing: probing 7 targets with step 300 s and
offset 239 s.
Mon Nov  5 14:16:59 2012 - All probe processes started successfully.
Mon Nov  5 14:16:59 2012 - DNS: probing 3 targets with step 300 s and
offset 179 s.

You can see that it reloaded and then restarted and that all my targets
and working fine.  There are no other logs to report after that.  I then
check Apache's logs and find nothing out of the ordinary.  It just seems
that SmokePing isn't generating the graphs for the new entries, it's
only keeping the ones that were already there.

What am I missing?

- Joshua