[smokeping-users] Graphs are empty

Tobias Klausmann klausman at schwarzvogel.de
Thu Sep 6 10:52:37 CEST 2012

Hi!

On Thu, 06 Sep 2012, Janarthanan Sundaram wrote:
> Smokeping daemon is running, fping works but the graphs stay empty. If I would use a DNS probe, the graphs shows a line. With the proble fping I just see a empty graph. Smokeping is run as root, so permissions won't be an issue.

This is usually caused by fping-3.3 not sending data to stderr
anymore but stdout instead. There's a fix in smokeping's git repo
that will allow you to specify the stream to look at.
Alternatively, use fping-3.4 which has that change reverted.

Regards,
Tobias (not Oetiker ;))

--
Sent from aboard the Culture ship
	LOU Gunboat Diplomat (Special Circumstances Operative)