[smokeping-users] Dynamic addition and removal of hosts

Richard Brady rnbrady at gmail.com
Tue Apr 2 03:07:01 CEST 2013

Hi folks

I would like to dynamically add and remove hosts to be monitored from a
remote server.

I have reviewed the code and although the dynamic host feature comes close
to what I am looking for by supporting the update of host addresses, it
does not support the addition of hosts from what I can tell.

Currently the best thing I can think of is a script (invoked through CGI or
SSH) that writes config stanzas to some file or directory (e.g.
/var/lib/smokeping/targets) and then issues a reload, with that file or
directory @included from the /etc/config file.

Is there a better way to do this?

Thanks,
Richard