[smokeping-users] RedHat install newbie issues.

Paul Mansfield paul.mansfield+smokeping at grapeshot.co.uk
Tue Aug 27 11:58:55 CEST 2013

cpan has a tendency to fill up a box with all sorts of things you
almost certainly don't want in production!

I would strongly advise using cpanspec and building an RPM of the
"missing" perl modules on a box specifically intended for building
things.. or a temporary VM.

I gave up on running smokeping master on Centos5 as we've been
actively phasing it out.

Meanwhile, in case any Centos5 or 6 users would fine them useful, I've
uploaded the "missing" package for perl-Config-Grammar which both
master and slave need (you can ignore some dependencies on the
slaves).

http://zaurus.org.uk/download/pkgs-el5/
http://zaurus.org.uk/download/pkgs-el6/